Please find comments concerning events and news concerning TalaveraScience, its clients and our customers; please send your input to webmaster@talaverascience for consideration for publication with 'TalaveraScience Comment' in the subject line.
Call for nominations: 2024 Vaughan Lecturer at Rocky Mountain Conference SSNMR Symposium
Nominations for the 2024 Vaughan Lecturer are solicited from the Solid-state NMR community. The deadline for nominations is January 3, 2024. Each nomination should include the following:
- Name of nominee, the nominees affiliation, address, phone, and e-mail;
- Name of nominator, address, phone, and e-mail;
- A brief (no more than 300 words) description of the work(s) serving as the basis for the nomination.
The nomination letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
29th November, 2023.
2022 Nobel Prizes
It was 2023 NOBEL PRIZE week and those honoured were:
- For PHYSICS Pierre Agostini (The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, USA), Ferenc Krausz (Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, Garching, Germany;
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Munich, Germany) and Anne L’Huillier (Lund University, Lund, Sweden)
"for experimental methods that generate attosecond pulses of light for the study of electron dynamics in matter",
- For CHEMISTRY Moungi G. Bawendi (Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, MA, USA),
Louis E. Brus (Columbia University, New York, NY, USA) and Alexei I. Ekimov (Nanocrystals Technology Inc., New York, NY, USA) “for the discovery and synthesis of quantum dots”,
- For PHYSIOLOGY or MEDICINE Katalin Karikó (Szeged University, Szeged, Hungary; University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA) and Drew Weissman (Penn Institute for RNA Innovations, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA) “for their discoveries concerning base modifications that enabled the development of effective mRNA vaccines against COVID-19”, https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/medicine/2023/summary/ .
Congratulations to the new Nobel Laureates!
5th November, 2023.